It’s Hammer Time!
Explore the world’s first museum dedicated to preserving the history of the hammer. First opened to the public in 2002, the Hammer Museum portrays the complex history of the ordinary tool, making it a top destination for visitors to Haines. The museum’s six galleries feature over 2,500 hammers that provide a unique view of the past. From ancient times to the present day, the hammer tells the story of man’s progress and ingenuity.
Hours & Rates
- Open for visitors May through September
- Open through Sunday, September 24, noon to 3pm
- Also open Thursday, October 5, 10am to 2pm
- We’ll be open during the Bald Eagle Festival in November; stay tuned for days and times!
- Off-season? Or a day we’re not open? Try calling or emailing us! We love showing off our museum and we will try to accommodate you.
Admission is $7 for adults. $1 off for Active Military, Veterans, and their spouses.
Kids 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult.